Monday, April 9, 2012

Jumping On The Bandwagon

Those of you who know me well know that I am not a "hockey guy".  Oh, I know what icing the puck is, and I understand the off sides rule, but to follow the game day in and day out, well, that's just not me.  Which doesn't mean that I don't enjoy a game when I choose to watch one, and it certainly doesn't mean that I can't jump on the Penguins Bandwagon now that the Stanley Cup Playoffs are upon us, and especially with the Hated Flyers being the opponent in the first round.  Criticize me for this if you will, but I do recognize that I now will have no right to criticize the Johnny-come-latlies who will flock to PNC Park when (not IF) the Pirates begin to contend for post-season play.


LET'S GO PENS!!!!


All that said, and, again, I freely admit to not being immersed in the hockey culture, the performance and behaviour last Sunday of the Pens and Fliers, coaches, players, and especially the neanderthal comments of NBC's Mike Milbury is a reason why hockey, as practiced by the National Hockey League, is and will remain a distant fourth among the four major sports in North America.  And, you don't have to remind me that the Penguins have surpassed the Pirates and are the #2 franchise here in Pittsburgh.  I get that. I am speaking of hockey on the national stage, not just in selected markets such as Pittsburgh or Detroit.


Again, LET'S GO PENS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment