Sunday, January 20, 2013

Conference Championship Predictions

Despite my horrific 1-3 record last week (which assures that the very best I can do this year is to equal last year's 7-4 record), I'm going to try it again.

In the NFC game, earlier in the week when I was asked who I thought would play int he Super Bowl, I quickly said "49'ers and Patriots."  I figured that the performance of Colin Kaepernick, which was historic, would continue and would carry the Niners to New Orleans.  Upon further review, though, I am switching and calling for a Falcons win today.  True, you can say that the Falcons blew their 20 point lead to over Seattle last week, and were lucky to pull that one out when time was expiring, but the fact is, they DID make that comeback with that terrific Matt  Ryan led drive at the end of the game.  Plus, I am sure that the Atlanta coaches have been pretty much concentrating on how to not let Kaepernick duplicate what he did to Green Bay last week.  So, the FALCONS to win in the NFC. 

In the AFC, I no longer doubt the talents of Joe Flaco.  What he has done in these playoffs (not to mention a 3-1 record against the Steelers in the last two seasons), especially in undressing Denver last week, tells me that he is the real deal.  An elite quarterback?  Maybe not, but a very good one to be sure.  However, today he goes against a truly elite QB and a team that, as I said last week, is ruthlessly efficient.  The PATRIOTS over the Ravens today for the second year in a row in the AFC Championship game.

There you have it...no more Ray Lewis after today, and no All-Harbaugh Super Bowl.

As always, watch, but don't bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment