Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tessaro's



With the Holiday Season behind us, we ventured out to Bloomfield yesterday to have lunch at Tessaro's, a terrific and cozy little neighborhood bar/bistro.  The inspiration for this visit was Tessaro's, and specifically the hamburgers at Tessaro's, being featured on Rick Sebak's latest WQED Pittsburgh special, "25 Things I Like About Pittsburgh."  After seeing the show last month, I casually mentioned on Facebook my desire to try one of these terrific burgers, and the comment box following my post exploded.  "Greatest burger you'll ever eat" said some.  "No it isn't," said others, "you should try _____ if you want a REALLY good burger."  Sebak himself made a comment when he said that it was not his intention to designate "The Best Burger in Piittsburgh."  He was merely listing 25 things that he, personally likes, and Tessaro's was one of them.

Anyway, we tried the burger at Tessaro's and found it perfectly delicious and satisfying.  Doesn't it look good?



Is it the "best burger" ever?  Not sure I'd go that far, but I would go back to Tessaro's again, and isn't that a good enough testimonial?  It has also inspired me to spend 2013 on a hunt for the best burgers in the Pittsburgh area. Suggestions from anyone as to their choice of where to get the Best Burger in Town are welcome, and I shall post them here on The Grandstander.

Too bad that Dave's Lunch is no longer in business.

It was interesting when I asked our waitress if the mention on Sebak's show was a boost for business.  It was indeed, she said, as they were packed at lunch hours, way beyond normal, for at least two weeks following the airing.  She also told us that two other businesses featured on the show, the Seltzer Company and the lady who researches the history of your house and property, received so many phone calls and inquiries that they practically had to shut off their phones.

Rick Sebak is a powerful man, indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the same show but I haven’t made it to Tessaro’s yet. Sebak is amazing. I saw a show where he was visiting the best restrooms in Pittsburgh. I have to recommend the basement restroom in Soldiers and Sailors.
    Rich DeCecco

    ReplyDelete