Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Great 2013 Hamburger Quest, Part 3 - BZ Bar and Grill

The Quest for the Best Hamburger in Pittsburgh took me to the BZ Bar and Grill on the North Shore yesterday afternoon.  This is the newly opened sports bar across from PNC Park in the space that had been occupied by Firewater's for many years.

Operating on the theory that if can't say something nice about something, don't say anything, this post will be brief.  The interior of the place is rather stark, the service was slow, and the hamburger.... well, if it was a college football team, it would be in the category of "not receiving votes" in the weekly polls.  It has caused me to list a new category in my Burger Rankings that I will be posting after trying the burgers.

To be fair, BZ is new, and it is no doubt unfair to come to a conclusion after only one visit to a brand new place.  That said, nothing about my experience yesterday is making me long for a return trip.

The current rankings:

  1. Tessaro's (Bloomfield)
  2. The Tilted Kilt (North Shore)
Unranked:

  • BZ Bar & Grill (North Shore)

No comments:

Post a Comment