Friday, January 8, 2010

Welcome to Something New

Since my retirement is now one week old, there has been a groundswell of a demand (OK, one person mentioned the idea to me)for me to do a blog. "How complicated could it be?" this person asked. Well, the folks at Google do make it fairly easy to set up, so here goes.

In point of fact, as I prepared for retirement, I did think about doing a blog, but thought it to be kind of egotisitcal, but as I say, the public has demanded that I give it a try.

I will pretty much use this blog to post my own thoughts and opinions on just about anything - sports, movies, books, TV, things I find online, things I'm experiencing as I get used to not going to work everyday. I think that I will generally avoid politics, if only to avoid rancor within my own family. It seems that my family has evolved like a good pitching staff should: an even mix of lefties and righties. So let's just all agree to respect the each other's various points of view, and make this a fun thing in which to participate.

I struggled over what to name this blog. I settled on "The Grandstander" since it is somewhat sports related, it is where I sit at PNC Park, and it suggests someone who offers opinions (i.e., a "grandstand manager") whether or not those opinions are wanted or needed.

So, feel free to join in and respond. I think that you will have to register with Google, but that only takes a few minutes. This will only be of value if womeoine reads it, and I won't know if anyone is reading, unless you post responses.

Let's see what happens!

Bob

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck, Bob. I've marked it as a favorite in my Baseball/Hockey folder. I'm placing a comment on this entry because I don't talk football. Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not put forth your political comments? It's still afree country, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is where it all started.

    ReplyDelete