Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A New Mt. Rushmore

I am going to throw out a bit of challenge to readers of The Grandstander.

I have been commissioned to sculpt a new Mt. Rushmore, one dedicated not to American Presidents, but to American Rock & Roll.  We need four faces on this new Mt. Rushmore.  Two are indisputable:




Yes, Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley go on the mountain, but who are the other two?

Keep in mind, this is for American Rock & Roll, so this leaves out The Beatles (who deserve their own separate mountain), Mick Jagger, Elton John and the like.

So, send me your nominations for the other two faces for the Mt. Rushmore of American Rock & Roll.

I will make some nominations myself:

  • Buddy Holly
  • Brian Wilson
  • The Everly Brothers (as an entry)
  • Paul Simon
  • Barry Gordy
  • Smokey Robinson
  • Michael Jackson
  • Marvin Gaye
  • Diana Ross
  • Ricky Nelson
  • Bob Dylan
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Jerry Garcia
I am open to other suggestions.

Oh, and do not dispute Berry and Presley.  As I said, those are indisputable.  Carved in stone, so to speak.

1 comment: