Sunday, January 24, 2010

Championship Sunday

After my scintillating 1-3 record last week, I know that you are all clamoring for my predictions this week, so here goes.

Jets at Colts. Okay, I am no longer selling the Jets short. They certainly stuffed Phillip Rivers and the Chargers in their back pockets last week in a well deserved victory, so it would not shock me to see them win today. However, I am going with the Colts. As one pundit I heard this week said, every game that they have tried to win this season, they won. And they do have that Manning guy at quarterback. Plus, I woke up in the middle of the night last night from a dreamless sleep and the name "Joseph Addai" was flashing through my mind. How's that for a sign? (Does anyone ever call Joseph Addai "Joe"? Just wonderin'.)

So, my call and my hope is for a Colts win today. I don't think I could take Rex Ryan bloviating for the next two weeks.

Vikings at Saints. Now I did not see the Saints dismantling of the Cardinals last week, so I can only go on the highlights from that game. I did see the Vikings thoroughly destroy the Cowboys, and THAT was one impressive win. Brett Favre, for all his will-he-or-won't-he bullshit in recent offseasons, is, one has to admit, a very good QB. And that defense that the Vikings threw against the Cowboys was very, very impressive. Hard to pick against the Vikings....but that's what I'm gonna do. Call it a hunch, call it picking the home team, or call it time for a historically lousy team to finally have its day in the sun, but I'm going with the Saints to win and meet the Colts in Miami in two weeks.

As always, watch but don't bet.

3 comments:

  1. I can just see Mrs. Rex Ryan now…… Kids – quick, evacuate the house!!! Your father is starting to bloviate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finally scored 100% in your predictions! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob ... I'M BACK!!! Actually, it only cost me a grand to replace my old computer (which had a totally corrupted hard drive) which is why I could not post comments. Sooooo, good job on the picks ... let me know if this gets to you.
    Bill Montrose

    ReplyDelete