Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pirates 2009 Play of the Year

If you go to the Pirates website (www.pirates.com) you will see a feature inviting you to vote on the 2009 Play of the Year, and they give you video of each of these plays. It's kind of neat and it will get you in the mood for some Pirates baseball. For the cynics out there, yes, the Bucs did make a sufficient amount of great plays to compile such a list. In fact, I believe that they left out what I would consider the Play of the Year, Andrew McCutcheon's walk off HR against the Phillies in August.

Also not included was John Russell removing Zach Duke in the ninth inning with two outs and an 11-1 lead in the last home game of the season. Now I'm being cynical.

Anyway, check it out and vote. I selected a game in which I was present - McCutcheon's three HR game against the Nats. It is interesting to hear a "Greg Brown-ism" after one of those dingers: "McCutch is clutch!"

After viewing these highlights, I can say one thing for certain: I can't wait to watch Andrew McCutcheon for an entire season in 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob. I, of course, had to see if the Rockies had something similiar on their webpage and they did. I voted for the Ryan Spilborgs walk off grand slam in the 14th. I was at that game.

    I remember being very impressed with Andrew McCutcheon when he played here this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the list of plays today. Voted for DY.

    Tend to agree on AM's walk-off.

    By the way, Anrew leaping on to home plate (happy gum) is part of an MLB Network montage around their breaks.

    ReplyDelete