Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wild Card Weekend Concludes

Well, the Ravens turned their game with New England into a snoozefest (literally; I fell asleep in the fourth quarter), and the Cardinals started off doing the same thing, but Aaron Rodgers and the Packers came to life and turned the final game of the weekend into an Instant Classic. I had been rooting for the Packers until Mrs. Grandstander pointed out that I have the Arizona Cardinals as one of my teams in the MOASP (Mother of all Sports Pools - if you don't know what MOASP is, it is deserving of a separate Grandstander entry; perhaps another day.) So, I took off my green and gold jersey and switched to red. If you saw the game, no need for me to recount, but it certainly left you breathless. Ultimate irony that the game would be won in OT on a defensive play.

I end up going 2-2 in my Wild Card predictions, and will wait until later in the week to predict the next round of games. In the meantime, some quick thoughts and observations:

For those Steelers fans who think that it would be no big deal to have Jeff Reed walk after next year, did you see what that Cincy Bungles kicker - I forget his name - did yesterday?

As Tony Soprano once said to Bobby Bacala, Andy Reid needs to start eating more salads.

Glad to see that the Jets won, but I'll be happy when Blowhard Rex Ryan gets sent home for the winter, which could be next week.

One bad thing about falling asleep during the Ravens game was missing Bill Belichek walking off the field after the game.

Shouldn't the Cardinals better play SOME defense if they hope to continue after next weekend?

That's it for now. I've got a trip to the doc's tomorrow for my post surgical follow-up. Gotta find out when I can resume some long-toss and batting practice.

1 comment:

  1. After a first game which required suffering through the sixty or seventy thousand words Joe Theisman seemed compelled to share, it was delightful to hear Troy Aikman's response in the following exchange during Game 2's Fourth Quarter.

    Buck: The question is, can either defense stop anyone?

    Aikman: No.

    ReplyDelete