Friday, January 8, 2010

NFL Playoff Weekend

Nobody asked me, but I thought that I'd give my first View from the Grandstand concerning the first weekend of the NFL Playoffs. Will miss the excitement of personal involvement this year since the Steelers aren't involved, but I'll take a year's absences of my favorite team for Super Bowl wins twice in a decade.

Jets at Bengals. Personally, I am sorry that these two teams are playing each other, because that means that both of them won't be eliminated in the first round. Let's face it, wouldn't you just love to see Blowhard Rex Ryan get booted out in Week 1? And how do you figure the Bengals? Was that a Zero posted for Carson Palmer last week in passing yards against the Jets? I'll go with the Jets in this one due to a strong defense and running game. I also figure that the Bengals will be, well, the Bengals.

Eagles at Cowboys. When I've seen the Eagles this season, I wasn't awe struck. The Cowboys seem to be on a roll, so I will pick them to win their first playoff game since the win over the Steelers in Super Bowl XXX.

Packers at Cardinals. I'm putting faith in Aaron Rodgers. Packers win in the desert (albeit under a dome).

Ravens at Patriots. Wes Welker's absence could prevent a deep run in the playoffs for the Pats, but not this week. They beat the Ravens and advance.

There you go - Jets, Cowboys, Packers, and Patriots. Watch - but don't bet!

5 comments:

  1. This is a test. checking to see how comments show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Test here also. Third try. What sounded good on round one is getting old. Based on my rooting interests, I hope you go 0-4 on Wild Card Weekend.
    I know you will soon be addicted to the Grandstander, which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill - picking who I think might win does not necessarily reflect rooting interests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob - good luck and have fun with the new Blog... Best case scenerio is J-E-T-S win and Cincy reverts to their long-standing natural position in the NFL as the BUNGLES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calling Rex Ryan a blow-hard is like saying water is wet. If look up the word blow-hard in the dictionary you will find Rex Ryan's picture.

    ReplyDelete