Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday Night at the Movies


As I indicated I would a few days ago, last night I went to the DVD collection and pulled out my copy of "The Godfather" and watched it yet again. Can you ever get tired of watching that movie? And Marlon Brando's performance is totally and completely compelling, particularly in these three scenes:

  • The scene on the Don's office when Tom Hagen tell him that Sonny has been killed.
  • The speech that Don Corleone gives at the meeting of the Heads of the Five Families. Watch Brando's eyes as he looks at the others during that meeting.
  • The final conversation in the garden between Vito and Michael


Now that is great acting!

I now find myself compelled to do the following over the next few days. (a) Watch "Godfather II" and "Godfather III" (b) Watch Brando in his other Oscar winning role in "On the Waterfront" (c) watch Brando in "Streetcar Named Desire", which I have never seen, but DVR'd off of TCM few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment