Sunday, January 2, 2011

Steelers 41 - Browns 9; Was That JR Coaching the Browns Today?

Well, I was right when I said it would be a comfortable win for the Steelers today; I was wrong when I said it wouldn't be an easy win for them. Then again, I guess I was unaware as to just how abysmal the Browns are. Talk about a team that didn't show up. They should be embarrassed to collect their paychecks this week.

And how about Eric Mangini on the sideline? He was the NFL version of John Russell today judging by all the emotion he appeared to have out there today. Guess the axe will fall on him tomorrow, if not by tonight. Talk about a long fall from the New York "Mangenius" days and guest spots on "The Sopranos."

As for the Steelers, hard to find fault with anything in today's game, although I am sure the talk show callers will find something to grouse about. They appear to be peaking at the right time, key players are back from injury, and they have a two week rest before their first playoff game at home. That opponent, whoever it might be, is going to be a lot tougher than the Browns, that's for certain. What is also for certain is that that opponent will not be New England, which is a good thing.

The Grandstander will be here next weekend with his always anticipated predictions for Round One of the NFL Playoffs.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope so for Round One. I'm still disconsolate that the Grandstander didn't deliver on a prognostication on the outcome of the Beef O'Brady Bowl.

    ReplyDelete